Create API Document with Postman
In addition to API Request, Postman actually has a function to create API Document. It is relatively easy to create and manage, so why not make it one of the options for creating API Document.
Simple way to make it
Create a new collection and enter the URL. This time I brought only one from the GitHub API. If you already manage the API collection, you can set up an existing collection.
Now we can enter a name for the collection. Leave the document description at the default, omitting the settings.
It will be completed like this. Press View in web to open the contents.
The contents are like this. If you enter only the URL, it will be subtle as a document, so next I will write Request and Response.
- Documents can be managed together with authentication information.
- If you manage the collection, you can easily test the API Request.
- Easier to write from the GUI than Swagger or API Blueprint.
- Since you can have multiple environment settings, you can separate Develop / Staging / Production.
- Although there are restrictions, it can be easily published on the Web.
- On the contrary, it’s too easy, so please be careful about security.
- Git management is also possible because the collection can be exported with json.
- I’ve never used it, but it seems that it can also be used as a Mock Server.
- It seems that you can also write a script.
by the author.